Many factors must be considered when entrusting your property to an auctioneer, however some of the most important qualities to look for include:
- Knowledge – to properly sell the product being auctioned. Many auctioneers specialize in certain products and gain a reputation through their ability to sell these products. DeLozier auctioneers have specialized knowledge in a wide range of products.
- Integrity and Honesty – to earn the trust of both the seller and the buyer.
- Motivation and Initiation – to approach the job with energy and enthusiasm. This is important as they can generate the same enthusiasm in buyers.
- Empathy and Involvement – to be able to put themselves in the position of the prospect – and evaluate the problems and needs.
- Adaptability – to respond to needs of prospects and situations that may arise.
- Flexibility – to be open to new ideas and techniques.
Training & Designations
Ongoing training and the acquisition of designations is essential for any auctioneer who aspires to help their clients and command top dollar for the property being auctioned. A few of the auction designations that our team members have earned include:
Certified Auctioneers Institute (CAI) – Jerry DeLozier and Kevin Ross both hold this prestigious designation. A rigorous three-year assortment of training and project work is required to attain the CAI designation. This identifies Jerry and Kevin as two of the top auctioneers in the country.
Certified Estate Specialist (CES) – Identifies the holder as an auctioneer that is qualified to manage the sale of real estate and personal property in the disposition of the estate.
Benefit Auction Specialist (BAS) – Specialized training that equips the auctioneer to help organizations and charities hold benefit auctions to raise money for various causes.